Non-toxic Pest Control for Your Home and Garden in Phoenix AZ
Pesticides are toxic and while often effective against pests, can be dangerous for your family and pets.
- Outdoors: Sprayed pesticides might drift on a breeze and dust your vegetable garden or your neighbor’s yard.
- Indoors: Pesticides can linger in the air, exposing the family to harmful chemicals. For these reasons, many people are turning to nontoxic pest control methods.
Prevention is the best way to control pests, but there are times when even the most thorough preventative measures will not save you from intruders, so this article discusses both preventative pest control methods and nontoxic pest control products in Phoenix 85001.
Preventative Pest Control Methods Phoenix 85001
- Sanitation: As they say, cleanliness is next to godliness. And it keeps pests out, too. Keeping your home clean is the most effective pest control method. If you don’t leave food or dirty dishes lying around the house, animals and insects won’t be attracted to the smell. Sweep and vacuum regularly. Remember, just because you can’t see crumbs doesn’t mean they don’t exist. Clean inside pantries and cabinets cabinets, under and around the stove and refrigerator at least once a year.
- Screens: This may seem obvious, but screens on doors and windows are a simple and relatively cheap way to keep insects out of the house. Also, screens on crawlspaces keep rodents from obtaining easy access routes into the house.
- Caulking: By caulking cracks in your house, you can minimize places for insects to hide and nest. Target bathrooms and the kitchen, especially doors and windows. This is crucial for effective pest control near you.
Nontoxic Pest Control Products in 85001 AZ
There are many kinds of traps available that target . Some examples are sticky traps for cockroaches, glueboards for mice, flypaper, bug zappers, and traps specifically for rats, gophers, or moles. You can usually pick up traps at your local Home and Garden store.Bed Bugs Control Company Near Me Phoenix AZ 85001
- Pheromones: Pheromones, essentially insect scent hormones, can be used in traps as bait. By emitting the scent of the female insect, pheromones can be used to lure males into a trap, where they are caught in a sticky glue. Insects are only attracted by pheromones emitted by their own kind, so you need to know exactly what kind of insects you’re trying to eliminate and plan accordingly.
- Biological Control: Biological control is more often used in agriculture but can sometimes be used in home and garden situations as well. Basically it means using desirable organisms to eliminate undesirable organisms. For instance, planting certain plants in your garden can deter certain pests. For example, spearmint repels ants. Garlic repels Japanese Beetles. Indoors, spiders eat fruit flies and houseflies, so it may be worth leaving some of those webs around.
- Repellents: There are nontoxic repellents available for pest control. Mosquito repellents are the most popular, but if you look around, you can find repellents that target other pests. Some herbs, like eucalyptus and wormwood, are known for repelling animals and insects.
Improve Your Pest Control in Phoenix Arizona
To keep pests out of your home, start by creating physical barriers: keep doors and windows closed, repair broken screens, caulk windows and cracks, and make sure your screen doors have tight springs so that they close quickly.
Next, remove all sources of food. Clean up crumbs and beverage spills, sweep regularly behind and between appliances, store food in tight containers, take your garbage out frequently, don’t let cat or dog food sit out all day, and wash and dry your dishes as soon as possible.
Even if you do everything in your power to keep bugs out, some are bound to get in. In most cases, swatters and traps will do the job. If insects get into clothes or stored food, simply seal the items in plastic and place them in a freezer for a few days. Only when these courses fail should pesticides be considered.
When it comes to your lawn, pest control gets a little more complicated. Weeds can normally be dealt with by hand weeding, and many tools are available to make this job easier. Proper fertilization will also help keep weeds down in Phoenix AZ.
In the case of insect infestation, you should identify the pest and pick the right pesticide for the job. Talk to a qualified Home Hardware or Home Hardware Building Centre associate and make sure you use a product that is specific to your problem.
Outdoors, as with indoor bugs, prevention is always the best option. Keep your lawn healthy by mowing and fertilizing regularly. Minimize bright light sources and damp environments. And don’t kill bugs that eat other bugs, like ladybirds, praying mantis, and lacewings in Phoenix AZ.
Pest Control Carpenter Ants in Phoenix AZ
No one likes having pests in their home that’s why a lot of chemically prepared insecticides for controlling pests have been flooding the market for years. Sometimes we even hire professional exterminators to get rid of pests but as time passes, these bugs and insects always manage to come crawling back to your home.
Actually, there are natural means of controlling pests. These natural home pest control ideas have been used by our ancestors for many generations even before the chemical bug sprays were invented. They are even more effective than the smelly commercial products we buy in the grocery. However, you should manually utilize them to effectively get rid of pests in Phoenix 85001. It can be time consuming but it’s all worth it.
The most common house pest we see everyday is the wide variety of ants which come in different sizes, colors, and shapes. Ant killer chemical products are readily available in the store but none of them can truly kill all of the ants in a single colony. By natural means, there are three concoctions you can make to effectively get rid of them.
The first concoction will need a half cup of sugar mixed together with a cup of lukewarm water for the sugary solution that will serve as a trap for the ants. Soak a sponge in this solution and place it near the ant colony’s entrance. Ants will instantly be attracted to this festive ?free? food and they will begin gathering on the sponge. If you have enough ants on the sponge, soak it in another solution made with two tablespoons of liquid dishwashing soap, four teaspoons of isopropyl alcohol, and a gallon of water. This solution will kill the ants gathered on the sponge. After which, you have to rinse the sponge well with water and soak it once more in the sugary solution. Repeat the process over and over until the whole ant population is diminished to nothingness in Phoenix 85001.
Another effective way of getting rid of ants is by killing their queen. First, you have to buy borax, an ingredient added to detergents which can be easily found in the laundry aisle of every grocery. Make a mixture of borax and sugar, both measured at equal parts, then place the mixture on a piece of newspaper near the colony. The ants will not notice the chemical added to the sugar as they begin to collect the ?food? for the whole colony. The whole ant population will feast on this for several days and will eventually feed the queen with the same mixture. After some time, you will notice that there are no more ants running around your house because they’re all dead. When this mixture is lying around for the ants? consumption, make sure that your children and your pets don’t eat it because it is poisonous.
One of the oldest pest buster used from generation to generation is the hot pepper bath for ants. This is the easiest way to kill them. You just need to boil two cups of water with finely chopped hot peppers of about half a cup. Pour this mixture directly into the entrance of the colony and voila, all of the ants die from extreme heat.
As you can see, getting rid of the pesky ants invading your home is actually easy as long as you have the time to do it. You don’t need to buy chemically prepared pesticides that actually do not work because there are a lot of things you have at home that can be of great help in controlling these pests for good.